Tag Archives: US private company to collect unpaid taxes

Osborne targets small man to collect debts, ignores fat cat tax avoiders

Osborne unveils the classic Tory way to collect unpaid taxes and fines.   Ignore HMRC and DWP which are there precisely for this purpose, but suffer from a fatal disadvantage – they’re in the public sector.   So strike a deal instead with a private US-owned company – creating a joint venture with TDX Group, a so-called ‘recovery management’ company whose parent company, Equifax, is based in the US.   TDX will have a 75% stake in the new entity, Integrated Debt Services Ltd, with the government holding the other 25%.   TDX will get a percentage of any unpaid debts collected beyond the level collected in the last year, though the Cabinet Office won’t reveal what the percentage commission is on grounds of commercial confidentiality, as though this wasn’t a service for the public sector!
Read more   “Osborne targets small man to collect debts, ignores fat cat tax avoiders” »